Hi, I’m Ellie and I’m the SU President Student Experience! This means that I represent students from both Falmouth and Exeter University on everything that isn’t academic, like sustainability, facilities, events, sports, societies, volunteering, and fundraising. Before being elected I tried to get involved with the SU as much as I could, whether that be through becoming an officer in the Student Council, a course rep for Creative Events Management, or as a Student Trustee. I’ve made so many great friends throughout it all and I’m so happy I get to be in Falmouth for another year!
I couldn’t be more excited to step into the role of Student Experience President and start implementing my manifesto. With the COVID-19 pandemic finally winding down I am hoping to return the fun and excitement back to the university experience! Want to help out? Why not get involved? Send across any ideas, feedback or questions you may have and let’s make this year the best yet!
- Ellie Ricks (She/Her)
News & updates
Roles & responsibilities
- Student opportunities - including sports clubs, societies, volunteering and fundraising
- Sustainability - including carbon use, water and energy, biodiversity and estates, green travel, catering and procurement, and waste and recycling
- Events - from Freshers to Graduation
- Commercial facilities - including the bars, shops, outlets, sports centre and more
- Estates - including the construction of new buildings, social and study spaces, the library and resources
- IT and digital - covering IT spaces, online learning platforms and timetabling
Other things I'm working on
As well as my three key priorities, I’ve also been working on union development, specifically working with the Student Voice Team to shape the Student Council for this academic year in advance of elections. Nominations will open on October 1 and you can find out more about them here.