This role Is the senior student representative, representing all students studying in their department at undergraduate or postgraduate taught level. Department Reps work closely with Falmouth University staff and the Students’ Union (SU) to achieve positive change for students within their department.
Term of Office
- To deliver a collaborative approach to the role by working with the University and SU to support and facilitate the student representation system.
- Work alongside fellow Reps in your department, supporting and advising where possible to promote, gather and deliver effective student feedback on the whole student experience.
- Chair termly Department Forums, arranged in conjunction with the department administrator and attended by SU representation.
- Raise common academic issues / ideas in the first place with the Department Director and seek to resolve / implement these in a timely and informal manner wherever possible.
- Be aware of common themes arising from student feedback within the department, using feedback tools such as ROS and SSLG agenda Items. These should be analysed and then your report presented at Department Board.
- Ensure any issues / ideas are: Accurate, Balanced, Constructive, Depersonalised and Evidenced, before presenting them in a professional and proactive manner.
- In collaboration with staff, keep Course Reps updated on the progress of feedback for sharing with the wider student community.
- Establish and develop positive and effective communication channels with staff and Reps via attendance and contribution to the meetings and training as detailed below.
- SU Course Rep training
- SU Department Rep Training
- Department Committee Meeting 1 x Study Block
- Department Forum 1 x Study Block
- SU Big Rep Meeting 2 x year
- Informal meetings with Department staff, and/or SU
- SU President Falmouth
- SU Academic Officer
- SU Rep & Dem Co-ordinator (Falmouth)
- Department Director
- Heads of Subject (within Department)
- Department Administrator
- Course Reps (within Department)
Role Descriptor PDF
You can find a full role descriptor here