In light of the coronavirus outbreak some SU services will change for the foreseeable future. Click here to read more.


Getting help from The SU’s Advice Service

We can provide advice and assistance on a range of money related issues, including:

Student funding entitlement

Benefit entitlement

Tax credit entitlement

Financial hardship


To find out how to book an appointment, click here.


Student Funding

The Universities’ websites include lots of information about student funding – see below



EU students


Additional support for students with dependants

Contact an SU Advisor for more info on additional support for students with dependants. 

Hardship Funds

Both Universities run hardship funds to support students in financial difficulty. Click here to find out more.

To find out more about any of these or other money-related issues, contact SU’s Advice Service by email ( or phone (01326 255861).