This funding pot is available for students to apply to support the set up and running of events, campaigns and projects with a focus on helping build student community, tackling loneliness and isolation, and creating new friendships among the student population
This fund is open for all students to apply for throughout the academic year. Please note, this is not a funding opportunity for clubs and societies as there are opportunities for student group funding through the Activities team.
We are not currently accepting applications for the Project Fund and are not monitoring the application form. If you have any questions and you'd like to discuss it with our team, please email email@example.com.
About the fund
This fund is available for any project that has student connection at its heart. It is a chance to get these projects partially or fully funded whilst also receiving support for the SU if required.
How to apply
1. Read through the project fund criteria.
- The event / campaign / project must be student facing and focus on student engagement and or student experience.
- An appropriate notice period is needed to have time to set events up. Try to have least 2 weeks notice for small events and at least 8 weeks notice for larger scale events. Any less and we cannot guarantee that we will meet the proposed date.
- This is a funding opportunity for all students but please note, this is not a fund for clubs and societies as there are other means of those groups to attain funding.
- Any spending that is set to take place must happen within the academic year 2022/23.
- We cannot fund projects that conflict with existing ones or any ideas that go against SU policy. You can read SU policies on the Governance and Policies pages.
- If you are unsure if you project fits in with these criteria, then please get in touch with The SU.
2. Complete the application form below. Please complete it with as much detail as possible, if you need help, please email the Engagement team.
Student Project Fund Application Form
The SU will be in touch following your submission. If you have not already had a meeting by this point, one will be arranged. Together with the Engagement team, you will create a plan and risk assessment for your project.
Keep us in the loop and we will do the same for you! Please let us know if your project or situation changes with plenty of time so we can figure out alternative options together.