Sunday 13 October 2019
6pm - 9pm
AN IMPORTANT NOTE: We encourage anyone and everyone to audition. We have a lot of numbers and a lot of folks attending rehearsals -- we want as many as you as possible to perform! Whether you're new to Follies or an old hat, Falmouth or Exeter, AMATA or not, first year or third year, if you want to audition, you should go for it.
SONGS YOU CAN AUDITION FOR:
Small group numbers:
- Six - Six the Musical
- Teacher's Pet - School of Rock
- Wait for Me - Hadestown
- Candy Store - Heathers
- Seize the Day - Newsies
- The Schuyler Sisters - Hamilton
- The Ballad of Sara Berry - 35MM: A Musical Exhibition
- Welcome to the Rock - Come From Away
- She Used to be Mine - Waitress
- You'll Be Back - Hamilton
- Two Player Game - Be More Chill
- How Far I'll Go - Moana
- Someone Gets Hurt - Mean Girls
- Take Me or Leave Me - Rent
HOW TO AUDITION:
- We'll be having in-person auditions on 13th October from 6 to 9 PM at AMATA.
- Please prepare 30-60 seconds of either the particular song you're auditioning for or a song you think demonstrates your vocal capabilities. You'll sing in front of the committee (super laid back! This sounds scarier than it is!), and we'll assign all the songs by the following Thursday (the 17th). You can sing acapella or with a backing track; whichever you prefer.
- If you're uncomfortable with auditioning in front of us, or you're busy, or just don't feel like auditioning on Sunday, you can alternatively send us a video recording. Again, 30-60 seconds. You can send this via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by messaging the Facebook page, or however is comfortable.
- Alongside the audition, please tell us the top three songs you'd like to perform. This is no guarantee of getting those songs, but it helps us make sure people are singing songs they're comfortable with :)
- Solos and duets in particular, but all folks doing these numbers are expected to put in time outside of the society to rehearse these numbers. Feel free to choreograph, learn harmonies, etc -- we're definitely here to help and guide as best as we can, but there's a limited amount of time and you're all brilliant performers we trust to do an excellent job with these songs!
- Auditioning is a commitment: The performance is November 27th, and we have two rehearsals per week. Life comes first, but if you're missing every other week, it's hard to trust that you'll be ready in time for the show.
- This all seems like a lot, but we promise: This is meant to be fun. Show up, show off that skilled voice of yours, and we'll pull off a hell of a performance together