From 9-13 December, we’ll be encouraging you to take a break - a break from your studies, deadlines and revision, and to make some time for yourself.
We're hosting a week of events to help you de-stress, including Christmas crafts, Lego Café, animal therapy, a wellbeing workshop, and more.
The SU drop-in chill-out room can be found just next to the door to our Penryn office. You can drop in any time during the working day.
Monday 9 December
Animal Therapy, 11-11.30 and 12-12.30
Tuesday 10 December
Christmas Crafts, 11am-2pm
Join us for some festive fun in our chill-out room and make your own Christmas decorations. Materials will be supplied.
Wednesday 11 December
University Toolkit: My Wellbeing Matters Workshop 2-4 pm, Exchange Yellow
Most students will experience some uncomfortable feelings whilst they are studying. This is a normal part of adapting to university life. However, developing skills which support you to better respond to challenging situations can help to minimise their impact on your wellbeing.
The toolkit provides information and techniques for students to help them think about skills which could support them to stay healthy and resilient at university. The topics covered are:
- Identifying Your Values
- Identifying Your Strengths
- Looking After Your Wellbeing
- Creating Action Plans
- Developing Connections
- Developing Self-Compassion
- Problem Solving Techniques
- Changing Thought Patterns
Book via StudyHub
Green Living Weekly Allotment Session, 1-3 pm, walled garden
Come along to our small veg growing space at the far end of the walled garden to help out with creating a plentiful veggie paradise. In these sessions, we sow seeds, manage and plant seedlings, prepare the veg beds, compost, chat, and eat.
Thursday 12 December
Lego Café (plus special furry guest!), 1-3 pm, Exchange Green, Penryn Campus
You’re never too old for Lego! Join Catherine Leyshon and furry pal for some mindful fun.
Friday 13 December
Christmas Crafts, 1pm-2.30pm
Join us for some festive fun in [location TBC, Falmouth Campus] and make your own Christmas decorations. Materials will be supplied.
Sports Centre – Take A Break
- Discounted Gym entry, £1.50, 1-3 pm, Mon 9 – Sun 15 Dec.
- Discounted ‘Workout of the Week’ classes TBC, £1.00, 1:00-2.00pm, Fri 13, 11:15-12:15pm Sat 14 & Sun 15 Dec.
- MUGA (Multi-Use Games Area) Happy Hour, £5:50 p/h, All day, Mon 9 – Sun 15 Dec.
- Sports Hall Happy Hour, Badminton £5:50 p/h and Table Tennis £2.75 p/h, 9-11 am and 2-4 pm, Mon 9 – Sun 15 Dec.
- Free Health MOTs, various times, Mon 9 – Fri 13 Dec.
All bookings via the Sports Centre Reception desk or 01326 370770.
Study Skills support
Tips for managing your deadlines