In light of the coronavirus outbreak some SU services will change for the foreseeable future. Click here to read more.



The Students' Union is a charity led and run by students, any member can change the way The SU functions by proposing a motion. Any student can submit a motion and if adopted your motion can affect the operational or political policy of The SU.

There are a number of ways of submitting a motion:

  • Using the Make a Change tab
  • Submitting a motion to a Union General Meeting (UGM/AGM) using an SU Motion Proposal Form (please request by emailing
  • Calling a referendum - This can be done at any time and gives all students  a chance to vote on the issue

To propose a motion please follow the procedure on page 8 of the SU Bye-Laws or email The SU office and speak to a member of the Student Voice Team.