Drink spiking awareness

Drink spiking

We've heard concerns from students regarding drink spiking. If you think you have been spiked, we advise you to report it immediately. Here is some official advice from Devon & Cornwall Police:

  • Tell someone you trust, such as a friend or staff.
  • If you are alone, ask the pub landlord or bar manager to call a trusted friend for you.
  • Your friend, or someone you trust, should take you to the nearest accident and emergency (A&E) department and tell the medical staff your drink may have been spiked.
  • Report it to the police as soon as you can. They will need to take blood and urine samples. Most drugs leave the body within 72 hours of being taken, but some can be gone in 12 hours, so it's important to be tested as soon as possible.