Disabled Students' Allowances

Find out whether you're eligible for DSA, and where you can get further information.


If you’re a student with a learning difficulty, health problem or disability you can apply for Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSA) to cover some of the extra costs you incur.

You can get these allowances on top of your other student finance. You will not need to repay DSA. How much you get depends on your individual needs - not your household income.

If you’re a part-time student your ‘course intensity’ can affect how much you get (i.e. how long your course takes to complete compared to an equivalent full-time course).

Find out more about eligibility

Further information

If you have any questions about DSA and/or want to apply for DSA, contact the Accessibility Team.

If you have a question for a Students’ Union adviser, email it to advice@thesu.org.uk.

Falmouth & Exeter Students' Union logo

Falmouth & Exeter Students' Union
Penryn Campus
Penryn, Cornwall
TR10 9FE

© Falmouth & Exeter Students' Union 2021

Falmouth & Exeter Students’ Union is a charitable incorporated organisation (CIO) registered in England and Wales, charity number 1193045