In light of the coronavirus outbreak some SU services will change for the foreseeable future. Click here to read more.
SU President Welfare & Inclusivity
I’m Charlotte Agnew and I am your President Welfare & Inclusivity. My main role is to bring the voices of students to the foreground in topics surrounding your welfare, as well as making sure that every student feels included during their time at university.
I will be representing students from both Falmouth University and the University of Exeter's Cornwall Campuses, being sure to fully support in areas that are outside of your academic studies. These areas include mental wellbeing, welfare, accessibility, inclusivity, and diversity. I cannot wait to work closely with the student communities to help raise awareness on important topics, develop and execute campaigns, and help to support and enhance student welfare services.
Roles and responsibilities
- Community & welfare representation
- Liberation and faith
- Equality & diversity
- TOWN & GOWN
- Widening student participation
- Local community
- Private housing and quality accommodation
- Health, happiness, and wellbeing
- Sexual, mental and physical health
- Disability and specific learning differences
- Fighting hate crime & supporting students
- Liaising with student support services, living support, the police, multifaith chaplaincy and the FXU Advice Service
- Accommodation - covering university owned and managed accommodation and including ResLife
I'll be updating you throughout the year on the work I'm doing.
Look into the funding of mental health services for university students and help find alternative resources to help alleviate waiting times for living and wellbeing support.
Make sure that subtitles for online content is mandatory as part of the Quality Impacts Assessments.
Get in touch
Email | Facebook | Instagram