In light of the coronavirus outbreak some SU services will change for the foreseeable future. Click here to read more.
SU President Student Experience
Hello, I am Amelia and I am the President Student Experience, which means I represent students from both universities in Cornwall on everything that isn’t directly related to your degree, such as sports, societies, sustainability, volunteering, and fundraising. Moving to a new place, especially from abroad, can be daunting, and the SU was pivotal to me finding my feet when I started my history degree in 2018. I’ve loved what getting involved has given me, from the friends I’ve made in societies, to the changes I’ve been able to implement in my department as a Course Rep.
I’m so excited to be taking on this role and to begin implementing my manifesto, although so much has changed since I wrote it! It’s going to be a strange year as we adapt to life with Covid-19 but, whatever happens, the SU will be working to make sure you have the best student experience you possibly can. The SU is run by students for students, so don’t be afraid to get involved, and, if you have any questions, feedback or ideas, no matter how strange, please get in touch.
Roles and responsibilities
- Student opportunities - including sports clubs, societies, volunteering and fundraising
- Sustainability - including carbon use, water and energy, biodiversity and estates, green travel, catering and procurement, and waste and recycling
- Accommodation - covering university owned and managed accommodation and including ResLife
- Events - from Freshers to Graduation
- Commercial facilities - including the bars, shops, outlets, sports centre and more
- Estates - including the construction of new buildings, social and study spaces, the library and resources
- IT and digital - covering IT spaces, online learning platforms and timetabling
Get in touch