SU President Falmouth
I am Callie and I am your President Falmouth. I have been elected into this role by the Falmouth students for the past year and they voted me in again for this year! It is my responsibility to act as your representative regarding all things academic and related to your life at university. In my role I go to tons of meetings with the senior management of the University and I present feedback from the students, working with the University to make sure that decisions are made with your best interests.
Falmouth is a growing university with so many students who are distance, off campus, postgrad, undergrad. And in my role I am making it a priority to make sure that the University is growing with all of you in mind so no student gets left behind. Personally, from my manifesto, I am looking to:
- Use what I have learnt from the last year to make lasting changes to better our representation system
- Increase the amount of student artwork around the University
- And work on better our union business as usual so that we are the best at representing you
If you ever want to get in touch with me please don’t hesitate, you can contact me through Facebook, email or by dropping into the office.
Roles and responsibilities
- Academic appeals
- Falmouth Course Reps
- Widening Participation Access Agreement
- Academic representation
- Liaising with Falmouth University on Academic Board, Board of Governors and Registry
- Revolutionary Reps? - Develop the representation system so that is fit for purpose and provides meaningful feedback that is solution focused and supports the whole student experience.
- Union development? - Focus on my Trustee role to support the development of the Union to better function to support both students and stakeholders.
- Artwork on campus and showcases - Continue to work on previous priorities to create more spaces for students to showcase their artwork.
- Review assessment, feedback and contact time - Investigate these student priorities, working with Falmouth University to improve the student experience.
- Better course communities - Encourage better belonging and support students to reach their potential, developing academic societies.
Don't forget you're always welcome to visit the The Students' Union office for a chat and a cuppa.