In light of the coronavirus outbreak some SU services will change for the foreseeable future. Click here to read more.
SU President Falmouth
Hey and welcome to Falmouth! I’m Lizzy, your SU President Falmouth 2020/21. It’s my job to make sure your academic and student life at Falmouth is the best it can possibly be in light of the current situation. The SU has been working hard behind the scenes, adapting to ensure you have a fantastic student experience, so feel rest assured that you will have an awesome time at Falmouth!
I was elected this year by the current students and my role is to be your representative, ensuring your voice is heard when talking to decision makers at the top level of the University. My aim is to strengthen Falmouth’s growth as a connected and supported community, with the right infrastructure to prepare you for life after graduation. Some of the ideas I’m excited to bring to the uni are:
- An internal collaboration platform for students, whereby you can digitally and safely source other students to work with, and also book onto other lectures to aid your studies
- A course-tailored alumni network for students to engage with, and allow employers to reach out directly to students
- A socially adaptable campus, increasing the number of food trucks and outside facilities, so students still feel like a community and have a range of options at their convenience.
I studied and graduated with a First in Creative Advertising at Falmouth University and loved every second of it. This was largely because I got involved as much as possible and made as many friends as I could, and I hope you do the same.
Don’t be nervous. We are adapting for you. Enjoy it. You’ve got this!
Roles and responsibilities
- Academic appeals
- Falmouth Course Reps
- Widening Participation Access Agreement
- Academic representation
- Liaising with Falmouth University on Academic Board, Board of Governors and Registry
Get in touch