We currently have over 8,000 students, studying with Falmouth University or one of the University of Exeter’s Cornwall Campuses. During their time at university, the majority of students will interact with The Students’ Union and participate in our activities in some way, whether it’s through joining a sports club or society, volunteering or fundraising within the local community, attending an event, or receiving advice on such matters as finance, housing and intermitting.
We communicate with students in a range of ways, including social media, via our website, e-newsletters and posters. We have over 4,600 Twitter followers and over 10,750 Facebook likes (as of May 2020), reaching over 14,000 people in an average week during term-time (Autumn 2019). Our website had nearly 4,000 views last September, with over 25,000 views of our homepage.
If you’ve got a message for our students, or a service you want to share, we can ensure your message gets out there.
SU Advertising Platforms
We understand how important it can be to get your message out there as soon as possible and we can tweet on your behalf to share your message with our students. If you send us your intended tweet, we can schedule this for a specified time and date for just £40*. If you want to schedule a series of tweets on five consecutive days, your fifth tweet is free. In the interest of transparency, we will add #ad to the end of any advertisement.
We can also post your message on our Facebook page for just £40* a post.Please forward text exactly as you’d like it to appear with a link or image. We will start the post with ‘SPONSORED POST’.
In the interest of being consistent in our messages to students, we will only feature one advert on Twitter per day and one on Facebook per week.
Following last year, we will continue to offer ad space at peak times during Freshers. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to reach students at their most engaged.
*£60 during September
We can feature one advert per week exclusively (alongside other SU content) on the rolling banner of our website’s homepage — which can click through to your own specified URL.
This must be sent to us as a JPEG at 72dpi, [w] 1500 x [h] 400 pixel banner. Please contact us to find out if your required week is available.
You can also book exclusive slots during the Freshers period. Prices are £165/advert in September and £110 October-August.
You can find our booking form here!
Email Emma.Farley@thesu.org.uk for more information.
Terms & Conditions for Content
As a responsible and green charity, there are some types of imagery and product which we cannot advertise across our platforms, in line with our policies. These include, but are not limited to, promotion of irresponsible drinking, smoking, drugs, or anything which can be perceived to be in breach of our Equality & Diversity Policy.
By submitting a booking to The SU you are indicating that you have read, understood and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Payment must be made at the time of booking. You can pay by card over the phone or request an invoice for BACS payment.
- All advertising must be paid for in advance, without exception.
- If payment is not received within 48 hours after booking, your advertising will be cancelled.
- Artwork/copy must be submitted within the deadline specified. Failure to do so will result in your advert not being displayed and you will still be subject to payment.
- Adverts submitted must not feature material which could be classified as offensive according to the Equal Opportunities Act 2010.
- All sales are final and refunds are not available in any circumstance (with the exception of the entire event being cancelled by The Students' Union).
Failure to meet the terms and conditions may result in immediate cancellation of your booking without a refund.
Advertising should not promote any of the following:
- Adult services, i.e. sexually orientated products or services
- Promotion of irresponsible drinking
- Loans and speculative financial products
- Anti-social behaviour
If you need any assistance, just contact us and we will be happy to talk you through the options and help you choose the right platform for you and your budget. We can also offer exclusivity deals, so if this is important to you, don’t hang around! Get in touch with us as soon as possible.