Terms & Conditions
Members should read these terms and conditions carefully before using the CoLab website.
Effective from 25 January 2021
thesu.org.uk/colab (‘the Site’) is owned and operated by Falmouth & Exeter Students’ Union and is made available to you on the terms and conditions set out below.
The Site is for use by registered students of Falmouth University and the University of Exeter (Cornwall) only (‘the Students’).
Access to and use of the Site is limited to those of the Students who have applied for and been granted membership of CoLab (‘the Members’)
By using the Site and the services available on it, Members are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
2. Who we are and how to contact us
The Site is operated by the Falmouth & Exeter Students’ Union (‘the SU’).
The SU is a registered charity (number 1145405).
The SU’s postal address is Falmouth & Exeter Students’ Union, Penryn Campus, Penryn TR10 9FE.
Members can also contact the SU by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Data protection
4. Use of the Site
The information and services available on the Site are provided for the sole purpose of Members looking for collaborative opportunities.
Members may use, print and download information from the Site for these purposes only and for no other personal or commercial purpose. Members may not otherwise copy, display, transmit or distribute any material from the Site.
Unauthorised processing of information on the Site shall be deemed a material breach of these terms and conditions that shall entitle the SU to terminate membership on written notice.
The SU expects Members to conduct themselves professionally when using the Site and to adhere to the CoLab Code of Conduct. By accessing the Site, Members agree not to upload, post or transmit through the Site, anything that in the SU’s sole opinion:
- Violates or infringes in any way the rights of others, including any statements which may defame, harass, stalk or threaten others;
- They know to be false, misleading or inaccurate;
- Contains expressions of bigotry, racism, racially or ethnically offensive content, hate speech, abusiveness, vulgarity or profanity;
- Contains or advocates pornography or sexually explicit content, paedophilia, incest, bestiality, or that is otherwise obscene or lewd;
- Violates any law or advocates or provides instruction on dangerous, illegal, or predatory acts, or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them;
- Advocates violent behaviour; or
- Poses, in the SU’s sole opinion, a threat to personal or public safety.
The SU reserves the right to:
- Suspend provision of CoLab services to a Member where it reasonably believes that they have performed unauthorised processing of information;
- Refer a Member into the SU’s Disciplinary Procedure; and
- Report to the police conduct that might constitute a criminal offence.
All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the Site and the material available on the site belongs to the SU or its third-party suppliers. Use of the Site does not give Members any proprietary rights in such materials.
5. Links to and from other websites
No links are permitted to the Site and other sites are not permitted to embed text in the Site without the SU’s express written consent.
Other than when confirmed in writing, the SU does not permit the use of its logo and/or CoLab’s logo as a ‘hot’ link to the Site.
6. Changes to these terms and conditions
From time to time, the SU may amend these terms and conditions. The SU will provide Members with written notice of any substantive amendments.
The ‘effective from’ date at the top of these terms and conditions indicates the date on which they were last amended.
7. Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
These terms and conditions are governed by English law with the effect that Members agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts irrespective of the location from which they may access the Site.