• Ensure that all doors and windows are fitted with locks – all landlords have a responsibility to ensure the property is secure. You have a responsibility to report any security issues
• Keep valuables out of sight from passers-by who could look through the windows – e.g. put your laptop away and hide your XBOX!
• If you’re going out for the evening then draw your curtains, even if it’s still light when you leave home
• If you’re going away then let a neighbour know when you will be back and ask them to keep an eye on the property while you’re not there
• Never let someone you don’t know into the house, always ask for ID!